Ops! Tyre deflated of your car wheel and missed an important conference at your workplace due to lack of replacement tools. In such an emergency, only the best floor jack can save you by back to fix the spare one instantly.
Not only replacing the wheel, but you may also have to face many such situations like oil change, small repair works underneath the car, renew and transfer transmission or differentials, and or mount other weighty devices at your apartment, garage or workshop, whatsoever mechanical lifting is necessary.
To do all that a flooring jack is a perfect tool. Thus there is nothing better to have a floor jack at home or garage. However, to get it in your hand, you have to buy it by match with your purpose which is indeed an overwhelming task.
If you start searching, you immediately realize that there are so many options existing in the market. Like hydraulic floor jacks, Scissor Jacks, Bottle jacks, Piston jacks, budget or expensive floor jacks, low profile or high-lift floor jacks, aluminum or steel constructed floor jacks, 2-Ton, 3-Ton, and so on which makes you merely puzzled.
No need to be a worry, we are here with you to sort out the best value floor jack from this vast product lines. Through in-depth research and professionals opinion, we prepare a list of the top 20 best floor jacks based on their quality, attributes, and customer feedback. We hope that it will assist car lovers to come out from the puzzle and curtail their decision according to needs.
REVIEWS OF THE 20 BEST FLOOR JACK
1. Sunex Tools Arcan ALJ2T Aluminum Floor Jack - 2 Ton Capacity
According to data, we see that there are about 2.26 vehicles per household in America and 35 percent of households have three or more cars. As an American, you can easily understand that the necessity of a jack for car lift. However, this necessity is not equal for all. One who has a small vehicle may look for a lightweight car jack which able to perform light duty jobs. The Arcan ALJ2T Aluminum Floor Jack brought to you by Sunex Tools is one of the best floor jack for the money in that category.
Considering the increasing popularity Sunex manufactured Arcan floor jacks with aluminum which is light in weight but strong and durable enough to lift 2 Ton load without any stress. It also featured two-stage fast-rising technology and low profile that you love this for your small or medium size vehicles.
- Lifting capacity: 2-Ton
- Body weight: 50.4 pounds only
- Low profile, can get under low loads vehicles of 3-1/2 inch height
- save time with the two-stage quick lift mechanism
- Maximum rise: 19 ¼ inch
- Complies or exceeds ANSI/ASME and PALD standards
- Aluminum body makes it sturdy but ultra-light for easy maneuverability
- Rubber saddle pad protects your vehicle from scratch
- The ball bearing mounted swivel caster rear wheels and wide track front wheels able to provide stability under load condition
- Side mount handle for easy carrying and positioning
- Two-piece handle with bumper pad and quick lock
- Compact size relaxed to store in small place or trunk of your vehicle
- It charges a bit extra compared to others in the market
- The two-piece handle occasionally got stuck
- Sometimes jammed when letting the car down
Professionally designed Arcan ALJ2T Aluminum Floor Jack is a great deal for any individual car owner’s or DIYers to work in a garage or workshop. The ultra-low profile two-stage lifting system makes it usable to lift almost any car quickly and safely. Hence, for your light-duty jobs, you can keep trust on this eccentric 2 ton aluminum floor jack without thinking much.
2. Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack - 3 Ton Capacity
You have a car means it is apparent that you have to fix some tiny problems at regular intervals. To do so, if you rush to nearby machine shop instead of do-it-yourself, then you have to spend a significant amount behind the car. However, expenses a little portion instead of pay technicians, you can afford a subtle floor jack which can save your expenditure remarkably.
For this job, you can rely on the best aluminum floor jack available in the market “Arcan ALJ3T.”
With this great 3 ton Arcan ALJ3T you can lift almost all types of cars, SUVs, small trucks effortlessly. The low profile feature also allows you to rise vehicles from 3.6" to 19.4" height range.
- Lifting capacity: 3-ton capacity
- Lightweight, Body mass 56 pounds only
- Low profile, minimum lifting height: 3.6 inch
- Maximum lifting height: 19.4 inch
- Dual pump pistons for quick escalating
- Reinforced and heavy-duty lift arm
- Excellent device for professional and household use
- 3-Ton capacity suitable for lifting almost all types of cars, SUVs even small trucks
- Lightweight and compact design easy to carry at your car truck
- Design a preventive shields top on the hydraulic piston to keep it dust free
- Prevent over-extension of the hydraulic ram and overload valves with the help of bypass mechanism
- Side Holder is not centered, makes it hard to lift with one hand
- Few customers addressed a complain that the jack is not last longer
Every device has some positive and negative side, and Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack is no an exception. However, the cons of this fantastic floor jack are not the main deal breaker at any rate. If you ignore those tiny flaws, it is the best 3 ton aluminum floor jack ever that you can choose as your companion.
3. Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Rapid Pump Quick Lift
Are you emphasize on long durability traits during buying floor jack? Then you can choose lifting tools which made of steel. We decided to talk about the Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack that maybe matches with your preference. So, stay tuned with us.
Yes! First of all Pittsburgh floor jack made of solid steel and long-lasting. Moreover, it’s featured dual piston rapid pump technology which assists to lift your vehicle speedily. It also has attributes of extra low-profile to help you reach under the most low-to-the-ground cars up 2-7/8" clearance. Top of that you will get the 6000 pounds heavy duty performance with affordable price.
- Dual piston rapid pump technology
- Ultra-low profile floor jack, minimum lifting height: 2-7/8 inches
- Two-piece of Knurled Steel Handle, length 45-1/4 inches
- Great lifting height: 19-3/4 inches
- The universal joint release provides superior load control
- Extra-wide steel casters for stability
- Constructed with precision welding to makes it super-tough
- The industrial quality finish makes it ideal for professional mechanics as well as car lovers
- Rapid Pump® exclusive dual piston system can lift most workloads in just 3½ pump
- Item weight 79 pounds gives it excellent stability with extra-wide steel casters
- A bit heavier to move around and upswing by one hand
- Sometimes it found oil leak from the hydraulic cylinder
- Make a very low noise during pumping which not a significant issue
Pittsburgh floor jack is an ideal lifting device especially for ultra-low profile cars like sports cars, show vehicles, or cars that have low clearance. Moreover, hard-wearing steel body and quick lifting mechanism with modern finish make it’s a professional hydraulic floor jack.
4. 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack with Rapid Pump
Let’s introduce another super quality car jack presented by the same Pittsburgh automotive, especially for pit crews. This husky 1.5 ton aluminum jack constructed with durable but lightweight aircraft aluminum billet.
This low profile racing jack comes with an aluminum handle which gives you a steady and stable grip while giving you the skill to lift-up any load as quick as just 3-1/2 pumps. Moreover, the universal join release mechanism will ensure smooth and precise control of the weight condition.
- The dual parallel pump system
- Constructed for professional race teams
- Precision-machined, high strength, aircraft aluminum billet
- Two pieces knurled aluminum handle
- Minimum saddle height: 3-1/4"
- Maximum saddle height: 14-3/4"
- Lightweight: 40.0 pounds
- No-Mar rubber saddle pad
- Rapid Pump® lift most of the vehicles to an appropriate work height in just 3-1/2 pumps
- Two-piece knurled steel handle ensure no-slip grip, equipped with foam bumper to protect your vehicle finish from probable scuffs
- Lightweight, Compact design occupied less space on your floor and easy to transport
- All inclusive Universal Joint Release Mechanism gives precision control of load descent in any handle position
- Manufactured by maintaining all standards like 2005 ANSI/ASME and PALD
- Lift one wheel instead of whole car or front or rear part at a time
- Narrow lifting range, cannot move up 14-1/8"
For the fast wheel rotation, oil refile and small repair works on the run during race this 1.5 ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack can deliver you enough strength without delay. Moreover, the precision-machined lightweight, compact design easy to handle makes it is the best car jacks for professional race teams.
5. Omega 29023 Magic Lift Black Low Profile Hydraulic Service Jack - 2 Ton Capacity
If you ask me what the most critical attribute of a floor jack is, the answer should be the low profile. Because to lift your vehicles it is prerequisite to easy access under the chassis. Keep that in mind, Omega 29023 Magic Lift Service Jack brought to you the extra-long low side frames which designed for extended reach under any types of car framework like Audi A8 or Corvette.
Now, you can lift almost all types of car, SUV and trucks weighing 2 ton with this lustrous black color low profile long reach floor jack.
- Lifting capacity 2-Ton
- Extra-long low side frame design for long reach
- Minimum lifting height - 2.5 inches
- Quick magic lift for professional performance
- Wider design, dimension are 45.2 x 10 x 15 inches
- It is an excellent option for professional users as well as the weekend warrior
- Irrespective of the low height it can be slide under any vehicles up 2.5-inch clearance
- Universal joint release mechanism provides superior control during operation
- Shows remarkable stability in load condition due to its wide stance and low center of gravity
- No need to worry about over-pumping because of a built-in bypass device
- It is substantially massive (120 lbs.) than other similar capacity floor jacks
- It is heavy duty and magic lift device but on the expensive side
This Omega 29023 extraordinarily sturdy and heavy-duty floor jack is easy to use for any low profile exotic or sports or other cars. This 2-ton ultra low profile floor jack will ensure the highest stability and superior control during load condition, is a perfect choice for pit crews as well as professionals.
6. Liftmaster 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Quick Lift
We commence here to discuss another best low profile floor jack brought to you by the Liftmaster Company. This Liftmaster 3-Ton Heavy Duty Steel Floor Jack, not only featured with a low profile but it also able to escalate your vehicles up 20" height which is perfect for cars of high clearance or SUVs. It also designed with a dual pump for a quick lift to save your time.
- 3" Ultra Low Profile fits lowered chassis
- 20" High Lifts ideal for SUVs and elevated chassis
- The weight lifting capacity - 3 tons or 6000 lbs.
- Dual Pumps for effortless strokes
- Reinforced rubber pad for better protection and friction
- Sturdy, heavy-duty steel construction – last long
- Two piece knurled steel handle for a slip less grip, covered with foam bumper to prevent scratches to the vehicle
- Designed with nice board plate with removable pad lower the risk of slipping
- Easy to roll and maneuver with thanks of the efficient caster wheels
- It is too hefty (72.8 lbs.) to transfer using a single hand
- A bit costlier compare to other floor jacks available on the market
If you are thinking about changing your old floor jack, then Liftmaster 3 ton floor jack will be the best option. The heavy gauge steel and rustproof finishing make it long serviceable for your vehicles. It is also suitable for both low profile and high vehicle units like trucks or SUVs.
Though it is a bit costlier, the fantastic features and sturdy design worth your every penny spend for it.
7. Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack - 2 Ton Capacity
You might be bored to read all the floor jacks with heavy weight. Don’t be fidgety! Pro Lift F 767 low profile floor jack comes with ultra-lightweight (30 lbs.) and compact design that allows you to carry in your car trunks or transport one place to another effortlessly.
However, low weight doesn’t mean that the pro lift floor jack is frangible. Additionally, It made of heavy duty steel for rock-hard construction and long-lasting use.
- The weight lifting capacity 2-Ton
- Lifting range of 3.5 inches to 14 inches
- Ultra-lightweight – 30 lbs./ 15 Kg
- Compact design, overall dimension: 17.91 x 5.32 x 8.47 in
- Patented bypass system ensure safe operation in case of over pumping
- Built-in safety valve be responsible for overload protection
- Cozy budget and the best value floor jack
- The steel structure body ensure durability and long-lasting
- Front rollers and rear casters provide stability and easy to move around
- Smooth steel handle for comfortable lift and transport during work
- Handle come in bare condition, no protection of foam may cause damage of your paint
- Lift range 3.5 inches to 14 inches is not enough for rising high vehicles
Pro Lift 4000 lb floor jack, will be a perfect choice for a small garage or condo or apartments for individual use. This lightweight jack is easy to use and carry in your vehicle trunk. One thing is that the Pro Lift jack comes with a bit smaller pump handle, but it will not effect on performance, just require few more pump. However, overall it is a nice car jack in the small category.
8. Arcan XL2T Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack - 2 Ton Capacity
If you are looking for a car jack which is a merger of the low profile and high lift features, then you click the right place. Arcan XL2T black low profile steel service jack not only looks good but also it offers a wide range of lifting height from 2.75 inches up to 24 inches which is a rare fixture in the market.
Nonetheless, 32-inch extra-long frame allows you to reach underneath the far most point of your car, and you can lift the vehicles 2x faster with the help of its dual pump.
- A wide range of height: 2.75 inches to 24 inches
- Distance reach with 32-inch extra-long frame
- Dual pump for rapid lifting
- The Universal Joint Release mechanism provides accurate control
- Meet the terms of ASME PALD 2009 standard
- Compact and space saving design
- Compare to competitors’ low lift, arcan xl2t is a true low-profile floor jack
- Arcan xl2t passed the 2009 ASME PALD standard, which treats as the industry's leading safety regulation for lifting tools
- Extra-Wide front steel wheels ensure stability
- Heavy-duty steel construction for long durability
- One drawback of this good-looking jack is hefty structure weighs up 97 pounds
- Not an ideal jack for the repeated lifting of weighty vehicles or objects.
For easy access under the vehicles for any sort of repair works or lift your low profile cars like sports or exotic cars, you can rely on this easy to roll but sturdy Arcan XL2T black low profile long reach floor jack.
9. NOS NSJ0201 2-Ton Aluminum Service Jack
The compact designed NOS NSJ0201 2-Ton aluminum jack is a perfect choice for roadside emergencies, as well as day to day garage use. Nowadays, aluminum jack becoming a popular option over steel one due to its easy to transport and good looking features. As one of the best aluminum floor jack, NOS NSJ0201 is no an exception of that.
This compact but powerful 2 ton aluminum floor jack can lift small to medium size vehicles of 16 inches height range, though the self-weight is 49 pounds only. You can use this powerful and rapid pumping floor jack in autocross, drag racing, and other high performance driving events too.
- Lifting capacity: 2 Ton (4000 lbs.)
- A wide height range: 3.5 inches to 19.5 inches
- Ultra-light aluminum construction at only 49 pounds.
- Dual piston rapid pump system
- Rubber Saddle Pad
- 2-piece handle
- Side handle for easy carrying
- Complies with the ASME PALD 2009 Standard
- Heavy duty thick aluminum body for added durability
- Powerful and compact design can lift any small and midsize vehicles or objects
- Beautiful orange and silver color combination gives decent looks
- Handle bumper cover with foam protects against scratching cars
- Built-in safety valve for protects overloading
- Universal joint release system for accurate control during lowering
- The handle looks a bit flimsy to pump properly
- There is a disparity between ad and real life about the self-weight of this tools
The NOS floor jack is a sharp looking amazing little device ideal for lifting your small to midsize automobiles with ease. It’s a low profile for those close to the ground as well as work well for your 4x4 cars. It can lift the whole front or rear of SUVs or Jeep without any problem. I’m sure if you buy this you can see the jack envy in your friend’s eyes.
10. Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4000 lb Triple Lift Jack
With the Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy duty triple lift jack, you can rapidly escalate any motor vehicles – cars, motorcycles, trucks or ATVs as well as removing and replacing transmissions or differentials too. That’s why we enlisted this nifty Powerbuilt 4000 lb jack in our review page, believed that it would help the professionals who need extra heavy-duty performance.
The main feature of this Powerbuilt triple lift jack is that it has both removable lift saddle and padded lift rails which makes it versatile and powerful. With this affordable Triple Lift, you could also adapt multiple forms of vehicle frames.
- Lifting capacity of 2 Ton (4000 lbs.)
- Lifting range: 5-1/4 inches to 17-1/2 inches
- Patented removable lift saddle and padded lift rails features
- Flexibility to allow the Triple Lift to adjust multiple types of automobile frames
- Effortlessly lifts cars, trucks, ATVs or removing/replacing transmissions or differentials
- Safety Lock system to hold the jack in place
- Complies or exceeds ANSI standards
- Highly durable and easy to use
- Multipurpose use can help you to omit using separate tools like floor jacks, transmission jacks, ATV jacks
- It can also eliminate the extra cost and hassle of purchasing jack stands
- An excellent jack for taking away or replace transmissions and differentials
- Difficult to lift low profile car height less than 5-1/4 inches
- Indeed it’s a good jack, but probably manufacturer offers no warranty
The Powerbuilt Jacks is a versatile, durable, and stunningly designed multipurpose floor jack. If you collect it, I’m sure it will be a subtle addition to your garage or workshop.
11. Performance Tool W1627 3.5 Ton (7,000 lbs.) Capacity Low Profile Service Jack
Performance Tool W1627 low profile service jack is the first jack in our list which offers 7000 pounds or 3.5 Ton capacity load lifting. According to our research, it is the best 3.5 Ton floor jack as it propositions both low profile and hi-lift features. The minimum lifting height is 4 inches while the maximum is 20 and a half inches.
The operation procedure of this professional floor jack is a bit straightforward and lifting the heavyweight 3½ ton is effortless. In spite of massive body weight (85 lbs.) due to swivel caster wheel, you can move it without difficulty, and it also stays stable during pumping.
- Load-bearing Capacity 7,000 Lbs. with a Boost Range of 4" to 20-1/2"
- Swivel saddle with rubber pad and swivel wheels in the back
- Dual Pump for rapid lifting
- Extra-long frame
- High-quality steel frame with rubber saddle pad
- Meets or Exceeds ASME PALD-2005
- Durable and Robust, high lifting capacity
- Great quality jack for upheaval any cars and light trucks
- Excellent safety functions like over-load protection
- Easy to maneuverability and positioning in confined working areas
- Sturdy front and rear wheels provide excellent stability
- Fit under lower cars
- Some customer comments that the cumbersome jack is suitable for occasional use only
- There is a chance to slip the handle due to narrow hook range during pumping
The Performance Tool W1627 low profile service jack is a perfect choice for professionals those need to uplift heavy load. The stress-free operation, sturdy steel structure, and wide-ranging lifting height make it is the best floor jack for truck and other vehicles.
12. Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack: SUV / Extended Height, 3 Ton Capacity
In the category of hi-lift as well as heavy-duty performance Torin big red jacks 3 ton take entrance in our list immediate after Performance Tool W1627. You can ask why? Because the minimum lifting height starts from 5.875 ≈ 6 inches and can lift to 17.25 inches w/o neck or 21 inches w/ neck. Moreover, it is an ideal 3 ton floor jack that saves your time due to its extended neck, while making the rise of higher vehicles effortless.
Torin Jack is the best jack for SUV or trucks which offers multiple features with a very affordable price. If you are thinking to buy a budget trolley jack without compromise quality, then you go for it.
- 3-ton capacity, Heavy-duty floor jack
- Unique extra-long neck
- Lifting range 5-7/8" to 17-1/4"
- Maximum height with SUV adapter: 20-7/8 inches
- 360-degree swivel casters for smooth movement
- Safety bypass mechanism prevent overloading
- Holder on the side plate for SUV adapter
- Great floor jack for trucks and SUV's
- Extra-long neck saves time and makes it easier to lift higher vehicles
- Durable swivel rear wheel for easy positioning and movement
- Weighs only 49 pounds, make it manageable to move around
- Equipped with a saddle pad surface for firm contact with the load
- It works great but needs to pump it a lot to raise the vehicles
- Occasionally failed to take heavy load and handle is flimsy
Torin big red jacks are simple to use, beautifully red finished and effortless to transport and store is an ideal trolley jack for trucks or SUVs. If you consider some quality aspects by seeing the price point, then it is an excellent choice for you.
13. Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack - 3.5 Ton Capacity
If you are looking for extra breathing room for your heavy vehicles weighing 5000 or 6000 pounds, then the Blackhawk B6350 3.5 Ton capacity service jack is for you. Blackhawk B6350 has enough durability and quality to uphold big vehicles weigh around 7000 pounds. It also gives you a wide-ranging ground clearance from 5.5 inches to 22 inches.
The steel made Blackhawk B6350 is one of the best 3.5 ton floor jack we ever reviewed as it can lift your weighty vehicles fast and safely. So, you can keep trust on it.
- Lifting Capacity 3.5 Ton (7000lbs)
- Fast Lift Technology
- Removable handle cover with foam
- Bypass device to protect over pumping
- Internal Safety Valve
- 20.5 inches maximum lift height
- Swivel, padded saddle
- Robust, long-lasting heavy duty steel construction
- Rolled side frames to prevent twisting
- Save time as it touches the jacking point very quickly
- Handle design for comfortable grip and easy removal
- Built-in internal safety valve and vent plug features make it safer
- Reasonable price range
- 1-year limited warranty
- It is a bit bulky (85 pounds) service jack to pick-it-up and carries it around
- It similar to Hein-Werner, but not the floor jacks made in the USA
The heavy-duty steel made Blackhawk floor jack will endorse long lasting service along with its Fast Lift technology which helps to save your time plus includes features for safety and convenience. Though it will not be a good choice for sporty or lowered vehicles, it will worth your money if you buy it for SUV or high-lift automobiles.
14. Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Aluminum and Steel Garage Jack
Powerzone 380044 constructed with a blend of twin metal: aluminum and steel. The body frame fabricated with lightweight aluminum which makes it easy to pick up and portable, and lift arm by steel for extra heavy duty and long lasting performance.
The Powerzone 380044 is one of the best portable car jack which rated top position on the market. In spite of its exceptionally lightweight, weighing less than 60 pounds, It can lift vehicles to 6000 pounds which is a sporadic feature in its class.
- Materials: Aluminum & Steel
- Rated Capacity: 3-Ton (6000 pounds)
- Lift Height Range: 4 inches to 18¼ inches
- Security Features: Bypass device and Overload
- Product Weight: 59 Lbs.
- Rubber padded saddle
- Easy to use and easy to move
- Lightweight but sturdy enough to lift a heavy load
- Quick lifting hydraulic system saves time substantially
- Equipped with safety valve and bypass device to prevent overloading beyond rated capacity
- Broad front and Rear swivel wheels for stability and easy positioning
- Limited one year warranty
- Required lubrication in regular interval
More than eight hundred customer feedback with 74% five start ratings is not a matter of joke. This large volume of positive feedbacks proves that the Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Aluminum and Steel Garage Jack is the best aluminum floor jack ever.
15. Hein-Werner HW93642 Blue Hydraulic Service Jack - 2 Ton Capacity
Hope you are waiting for this review for a long while as I bring the best one at the end. Hein-Werner brand of Shinn Fu Company of America, Inc. is a renowned name in the industry of hydraulic lift equipment brought to you the highest quality HW93642 hydraulic floor jacks manufactured and assembled in the USA.
Without any doubt, Hein-Werner HW93642 is the best quality floor jacks that once you buy you can spend decades with it. Yes, it is a costlier option indeed, but if you consider the safety issue and the performance, it will never let you down. You can choose this Hein Werner 2 ton floor jack without thinking twice.
- Removable one-piece handle, 50-inch long
- Rated Capacity: 2-Ton (4000 lbs.)
- Min Height: 4 ½ inches
- Max Height: 20 ¼ inches
- Flanged side plates for extra strength
- Large front wheels and rear casters easy to move
- Cast Iron pump base and lift arm for heavy duty
- U-joint release mechanism
- Sealed hydraulic pump
- Made of cast iron means extra strength, durability, and long-lasting performance
- The sealed hydraulic system that can prevent leaks during heavy lifting
- Built-in pressure relief valve to prevent overloading
- In-line pump assures no more off-center when aligning the plate
- U-joint release system for more precise control of the load
- Assembled in the US with the US and Global components
- No padded saddle
- Hefty to pick it up or move around (90 pounds)
Hein Werner floor jack is the best hydraulic jack that easy to use and robust, resilient year after year without any trouble. This 2-Ton jack is strong enough to uplift any of your vehicles under 4000 pounds. However, for more heavy-duty performance, you may have the option to check out the 3-Ton HW93652 model too.
If you emphasized on quality aspects instead of cost, then there is found no alternative other than the Hein Werner.
16. Neiko Pro 20272B Premium Low Profile Aluminum Floor Jack | 3 Ton Capacity
Neiko Pro 20272B Premium Low Profile Aluminum Floor Jack is an ideal tool to changes tire or auto repair services on sedans, SUVs and raking cars in workshops, garages or roadside emergencies. Manufactured by industrial grade aluminum alloy to make it lightweight but durable enough to handle load max. 3-Ton. The presence of a safety valve prevents overloading beyond rated capacity, and the rubber dotted saddle save your car frame to be hollow.
- Powerful 3-Ton lifting capacity
- Body weight – 57 pounds only
- Lifting range: 3-3/4” min. height to 19-1/4” max. height
- Dual plunger for quick and efficient lifting
- Equipped with a safety valve
- Rubber dotted saddle pad
- 360-degree Swivel rear caster wheel
- Durable aluminum alloy construction for heavy-duty performance
- Ultra-lightweight design constructed with industrial grade aluminum
- Rubber dotted saddle pad to protect frame against scratches and dents
- Effortless to move thanks to its swivel caster rear and large front wheels
- Designed with a dual-sided handle for easy positioning and carries around
- Location of the carrying loops are not at the center point of the jack
- Low profile, but not as low as lift under 3" sporty or other lowered cars
- Price is not as cheapest as expected
Neiko Pro 20272B is the best small floor jack impeccable to perform your automotive repairs at home or carry in your trunk for roadside emergencies. Constructed with durable materials and safety features make it incomparable among all aluminum floor jacks on the market.
17. Sunex XL20 Black Service Jack
Hope you are looking for a car jack which is capable of boosting your Sedan, Sports or other flatted cars effortlessly. Shiny black color Sunex XL20 professional low-profile jack designed to lift minimum 3 ½ inches to 18 ½ inches can fulfill your desire.
This black floor jack is compact in design yet having all the versatility like a full-size jack. The built-in universal joint release mechanism gives it precise control during down lift. If you want to save time with the fast lifting features, then this Arcan XL20 is a perfect match, as it equipped with a dual pump.
- Rated capacity: 2 Ton (4000 lbs.)
- Minimum Lift Height - 3 1/2 Inches
- Maximum Lift Height - 18 1/2 Inches
- Dual pump for rapid lifting
- 2-piece lift arm cover with bumper pad, size - 45.3 inch
- The universal joint release mechanism
- Safety valve to preventing overloads
- Complies with the ASME PALD 2009 standard
- Compact, alluring and convenient for work in a confined area
- Low profile and perfect for extra low clearance vehicles
- Durable and long-lasting, constructed with high-quality heavy duty steel
- Smooth and precision control with great stability
- Not expensive like other steel jacks
- A bit heavier to move and carry around (67.2 pounds)
- Occasionally oil leak
Sunex XL20 is an excellent jack for lower grounded cars! Though it’s pretty heavy, it exceptionally well made. You can roll it easily on the garage floor. The padded handle has stored enough control power too for slowly and carefully lowering it back down. Once you started to use Sunex XL20 Black Service Jack, you will never go for other brands.
18. Hi-Lift Jack XT485 48" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack
Hi-Lift Jack 48 is designed to help you survive in the harshest environments like Amazon forest, Humboldt forest, Rocky Mountains or Moab desert canyon. This Jack can aid you in off-road and agricultural lifting, pushing, pulling, winching, clamping and spreading.
The Hi-Lift XT485 is for the professional Hi-Lift user, offering the "top of the line" all-cast version with unique qualities that include, charcoal metallic powder-coat finish, gold zinc-coated hardware and handle, and a top winch-clamp-spreader attachment.
- All-Cast Construction
- Tested Capacity: 7000 lbs. (3175.14 kg)
- Lifting Heights 48" (122cm)
- Self-weight: approx. 30 lbs. (14 kg)
- Versatile can Lifts, Winches, Clamps, & More
- A must-have for the serious Hi-Lift user
- Low pickup of 4 1/2" (11cm).
- 28 square inch base plate
- Well finished and made of high standard materials
- Extremely durable for toughest use
- Highly affordable
- Rustproof gold zinc coated hardware and handle
- The X-Treme Top Clamp, a unique Winch-Clamp-Spreader Add-on
Several customers complain that it catch rust easily in spite of gold zinc coat and powder paint finishing
Finally, I can say, if you go off-road or you want to pull massive logs or objects without taking help of others then there is no alternative to have a Hi-lift X-Treme. Attractive features and high durability make it is the best high lift jack available in the market. So, in the toughest stage of your life, you can choose it as a friend without any doubt.
19. OTC 1533 Aluminum Racing Jack Kit with 2-Ton Jack and Stands
If you have no problem with budget and want a lucrative tool for your ground-hugging high-performance sports car, then OTC 1533 Aluminum Racing Jack Kit will an ideal choice for you. OTC jacks constructed with highly durable aircraft grade aluminum which really worth your every penny.
OTC jack kit comes with a 2 Ton aluminum racing jack, and two 2 ton aluminum jack stands to ensure additional safety during work under the vehicles. Dual pump piston helps you to uplift your car within five pumps in the maximum height 18 inches.
- Lifting capacity: 2 Ton
- Dual pump pistons
- Maximum height 18 inches
- Low profile height 3-1/2 inches
- Comes with removable rubber saddle pad
- Minimum height of Jack stands 10-1/4 inches
- The maximum height of Jack Stands 15-1/4 inches
- Package includes 2-ton aluminum jack and a pair of aluminum 2-ton jack stands
- High durability made of aircraft grade aluminum
- Easy to use and highly movable
- Perfect for ground-hugging and high-performance cars
- Dual piston help to reaches the max. height within five cycle
- High priced
- Occasionally oil leaked
- Parts are not easily available
- Customer complains that the lifetime warranty is nothing but a fake
Body weight 43 pounds make OTC 1533 Aluminum Racing Jack Kit an excellent tool which easy to carry around. This OTC jack kit also additionally includes aspect-mounted handles for brief and easy sporting, and the removable rubber saddle pad protects your vehicle from scratching and prevents slipping. This nice looks easily create envy who see it once.
20. JEGS 80006 4000lb Low-Profile Aluminum Floor Jack Garage Car Truck
The last contender on our list is the pure aluminum, low-profile, premium-feel JEGS 80006 4000 lb aluminum floor jack. It is a professional jack perfect for your racing car because of its quick pumping raise your vehicle 19 inches effortlessly — the sleek looking jack design with graded aluminum for robustness which enough for lift any load under 4000 lbs.
- Lifting Capacity: 4,000lbs
- Lifting Pad Diameter 4-9/16"
- Saddle rotates 360°
- Minimum Saddle Height: 3-1/2"
- Maximum Saddle Height: 19-1/4"
- 50" two-piece handle with the sleeve (protects vehicle during use)
- Hydraulic Lift: 15-3/4"
- Chassis Length: 26-1/2" and Width: 13"
- Complies with ASME PALD 2014 standards
- Lightweight, Aluminum construction weighs only 49 pounds
- Dual side handles make straightforward maneuvering/positioning
- Rubber lift pad means No-Mar performance
- Knurled grip reduces the chance of slippage
- Worthy for low-clearance vehicles
- Splash out oil during venting of air
- Number of pumps required to reach the maximum lift height
- Occasionally failed
In conclusion, I can say that the JEGS is the best low profile floor jack which is excellent in quality, elegant looking and a sturdy floor jack. Not only looks good, but it also easy to set up and use, and is exceptionally light and portable. Though it is a bit expensive in comparison to some other similar models, once you start using you realized that this low profile JEGS aluminum floor jack worth your investment correctly.
Those who are using a car or other vehicles have little, or enough know-how about floor jack or car jack or garage jack. However, when we approach to buy a jack for our home use, we need to know some more essential matter about this tools. Relax! We are here to work out all your queries regarding how to choose the best floor jack for your home or carrying at car trunk.
Before goes to floor jack buying guide first, we like to take a snapshot on the definition and history of the floor jack.
What is a floor jack?
Typically by the word ‘Jack’ we imprint a mechanical device in our mind which capable of lifting a heavy load or press something by applying great force. However, our today’s topic is a floor jack or car jack or garage jack which used to raise vehicles in a certain height from the ground and hold it by employs screw thread or hydraulic power to perform repair and maintenance works.
History of Hydraulic Jack
In the 17th century, French mathematician and philosopher Blaise Pascal first illustrated the principle of a hydraulic jack.
Later in 1795, the British engineer Joseph Bramah achieved a patent for new methods of producing and applying more power to all machinery that requires motion and force, and this involved the first hydraulic press.
However, in 1838, William Joseph Curtis register a British patent for a hydraulic jack.
The journey of the new hydraulic jack started on July 8, 1851, with hands of inventor and founder Richard Dudgeon by awarded a patent for ‘Portable Hydraulic Jack.’
Those days to operate hydraulic jack’s people used water or any other fluids like whiskey and whale oil as an alternative to hydraulic oil. However, during the winter, other liquids are getting a freeze and thicken except the most applied fluid whiskey. Thus the name ‘Whiskey Jack’ came into existence.
What to consider when going to buying a floor jack
Oh! It is such an essentials topic that everyone should know it before going for the final buying decision. Let’s start-
If you advance to buy a floor jack, the first question comes from the seller – what lifting capacity is mandatory for your vehicle? The easiest way to find out the answer is to check the owner’s manual of your car. If it is a sedan or sports car, the weight may be 1 to 2 ton, or if it is SUV or utility vans, the load might be 2 to 3 ton or higher. Whatsoever, you should check it carefully before purchasing a jack. If you thoughtlessly buy an undersized jack for a heavy-duty vehicle, chances there are to wreck the car jack and cause harm to you and your cars. On the other side, if you go for an over sized jack, it will cost more. So, if your vehicle weight is 2 ton, purchase a 2 or 2.5-ton floor jack is wise.
We can define the build quality in two ways - the class of materials used to build it and the component/parts quality. Regarding materials, it should be sturdy enough but not hamper the portability. To carry with a car or occasional home use you should choose aluminum build jacks. If not, for the regular workshop and heavy-duty jobs, the steel or cast iron made jack will be perfect.
A component like hydraulic pump pistons or lifting mechanisms is an integral part of a whole jack. If planning for commercial use, you need a sturdy build jack, or if you are an occasional user, for your own need, the average quality build is just excellent for you.
There is no relationship between performance and weight of a jack. However, if you want a portable one, you have to choose a lightweight jack, and one that builds with aluminum can fulfill your desire. Preferentially, if you need only a rolling type one than you should not think much about weight and can use steel made jack which is sturdy and long lasting too.
Design Profile and Dimension:
The characteristics ‘Profile’ is a crucial thing must need to consider before choosing a floor jack. If your car is sporty or highly showcasing and or ground-hugging types, then you must need an ultra-low profile jack. On the other hand, if you use SUVs or ATVs or off-road vehicles, then you will need a hi-lift jack.
Some branded car jacks come with a bit large size or more large structure than others for natural stability. So, before buying check out what size it is and the available storage space with you.
Different brands offer various types of speed mechanism — some models equipped with a dual pump while some are rapid lifting with a comfortable handle. Some required 3 to 4 pump cycle to reach the maximum height others needed more. Though, for as usual day to day use at your home/apartment garage, elevation speed is not a significant factor. However, if you think to use it at the racing track or commercial car workshop, the high-speed rapid lifting mechanism is a must.
Quality of a jack largely depends on the price you outlay on it. If you buy a low price jack under $100, you will get an average performance from it. On the other way, if you will pay additional means above $200, you will get a better quality jack which is efficient and last longer. However, this is not factual for all models; as some manufacturers offer excellent quality jack at an affordable price too. Whatever the price is you should check the safety matters and efficiency before purchase.
No one knows when a machine gets into fault due to material failure or poor quality assembling. Whatever it is, the manufacturer’s warranty will always back your money what you spend to buy a floor jack. So, purchase a jack with good warranty policy is a smart job. In the floor jack industry, most of the manufacturer offers a 1-year standard warranty, where few provided two or more years, so check carefully.
Types of Car Jacks
We witness many forms of car jacks or lifting devices around us. If we analyze the working techniques of those, we found they are mostly run on two main power: mechanical and hydraulic — however, both works to magnify the small input pressure into a large output force. Mechanically powered jacks use mechanical advantage of screw or thread to lift a heavy vehicle or object by convert manual force. Whereas, a hydraulic jack follow Pascal’s law which states that ‘pressure applied to a confined liquid is transmitted undiminished in all directions and acts with equal force on all equal areas and at right angles to those areas.’ [Source: http://ispatguru.com ] Usually to lift a substantially massive object or load hydraulic jack is impeccable.
In the era of automation, we observed different types of jack around us. Here we are trying to discuss some common types in brief.
Auto floor jacks
Auto floor jack does not need to bolt into the floor for started lifting. It is a kind of versatile floor jack can safely lift cars and different vehicles within the range of lifting capacity. It has wheels for smooth movement and storage too.
Adjustable jacks are similar to auto automatics jack which consist hydraulic pumps that allow the car or vehicles to lift any load effortlessly. Mostly it used in commercial and residential settings. Usually, it requires to pump the handle three-to-four times to raise the car to an acceptable height.
Scissor jacks is a kind of mechanical jack and have been in use since the 1930s. It constructed with a cross-hatch mechanism like a scissor. It is a manually operated, very lightweight and compact size jack which easy to carry and use to lift a car during roadside emergencies. Scissor jack usually occupied less space, because of what people prefer to keep it at car trunk. As it is a screw operated jack, it requires a few minutes to lift an object at a certain height, but it gets it done efficiently. The base of a scissor jack is not spread enough which tends less stability, so carefulness required during work with it.
Multi-functional Farm jacks are usually vertical shape jack great for lifting tractors or heavy trucks, pulling posts and poles, and winching or hoisting logs. Thus, it is an essential jack for the peoples who live in tough terrain or farmland that receive extreme weather. This type of High lifting jack is an efficient device for getting a vehicle out of rocks, ice, and other uneven ground with harsh road conditions.
Piston jacks are used in heavy industries to lift or press mountain amount of load. Usually, they are large size like 50 tons or more need big space to operate smoothly. This type of jack is not suitable for low profile vehicles. So, for day to day use floor jack is the ideal option for you.
Floor jacks operated by hydraulic power are the most common type car jacks that you could see whenever you visit nearby muffler stores or auto repair workshops. This type of lifting device is sturdy and easy to use, mostly suitable for change tires, or repair and general maintenance jobs where need accessibility underneath the vehicles. Typically, they equipped with four wheels – two sizable front wheels and two swivel caster rear wheel for smooth roll over on the workshop ground. However, it could be in many sizes – 2ton, 3ton, 3½ton and so on; you have to decide what size fit for you depends on your vehicle weight. Suppose if you want to lift heavy trucks or SUVs you will need a large size hydraulic jack like 3.5 ton or up. Usually, this type of jacks is big sizes and heavyweights that sometimes it was not possible to store it in the trunk.
A bottle jack sometimes called as a whiskey jack too are resemble of a bottle with a neck mostly run by hydraulic power. These jacks are very compact in size but highly heavy-duty. Regardless of their little size, they can lift a very massive amount of weight. They are very powerful in nature that uses artless hydraulics to raise a vehicle or other object. It starts works when you are placing a long iron rod in the plunger attached with the bottle cylinder and then pumping it up and down. Though they lift a heavy load, they will not take much energy to do it compare to a scissor jack. These type of jack are most suitable for the workshop instead of carrying in the trunk and a bit costlier than scissor jacks.
Hi-lift jack specially designed for off-road high clearance vehicles like Jeep, Land Rover, tractors, and soil excavators. This type of jack capable of lift equal or more than 7000 lbs., and typically 3 to 5 feet long in size. Because of the extra-long size, it is not possible to carry it in the trunk instead mount on the bumper or roof.
Car Jack’s vs. Jack Stands
We already know that the car jack or floor jack or garage jack is a device which used to elevate a part or side of a whole car up to a certain height. To do this, they mostly use hydraulic power which derived from the hydraulic fluid in the cylinder of a pump piston attached to it. There are also have some manually operated screw type lifting tools like scissor jack.
On the other hand, Jack Stand is a powerless tool which cannot lift anything instead of hold a car or object after raising it by a floor jack or other jacks. Once a hydraulic jack lifts a vehicle at a specific elevation, a jack stand can be placed under the frame or axle to support the car in an elevated point. Though it cannot move up anything by itself, for safety it is essential to use a jack stand without relay only on car jack.
For occasionally change the tire of vehicles a floor jack is enough. However, if you want to do small repair and replacement works by yourself then a few other essential accessories will assist you to do your work smoothly.
Jack Stands –
we already discussed above this tool. To work under the vehicles, it will not wise to depend only on a floor jack. Though they are heavy-duty, you will not guarantee that they will not fail. This simple supporting bars can be a genuine lifesaver, literally.
Wheel Chocks –
Wheel chocks help you to protect your car from rolling during jack up. In lifting condition, if the car start progressing and you are under them, imagine what is going to happen. So to avoid any mishap better to expense a bit extra on wheel chocks and keep it with your car. Additionally, it will help you to park your car safely on the steep road.
you can use ramps to lift your low grounded sporty car to a certain height to make it usable for a floor jack. Some peoples use ramps for sort term lifting of the vehicle instead of using floor jacks. During the use of ramps, you should remember to use wheel chocks too for additional safety. However, in any way Car Ramps are not an alternative option of a quality floor jack.
Mechanics Creeper –
for comfortable wrenching underneath of your car mechanics creeper or car creeper can help you a lot. It can save you to lay down in bare ground or creeping on the rugged, bumpy and stony floor during repair which indeed a hard job. Commonly, mechanics creeper is a sled with wheels that help you to comfortably lay on it and rolling to entrance underneath the vehicles. It comes in different shapes and sizes to work on your car in a relaxed mood.
What is the best floor jack to buy?
Ans.: We have already discussed a lot about the criteria of the best quality floor jacks. Usually, the car jacks that made of steel and aluminum combination become sturdy enough without increasing the body weights. Moreover, we also prepared a list of the best value floor jacks in our reviews part. For your further assistance, we mention those names of top 10 jack brands again at below-
- Sunex Tools Arcan ALJ2T Aluminum Floor Jack
- Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack
- Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack
- 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack
- Omega 29023 Magic Lift Black Low Profile Hydraulic Service Jack
- LiftMaster 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack
- Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack
- Arcan XL2T Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack
- NOS NSJ0201 2-Ton Aluminum Service Jack
- Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4000 lb Triple Lift Jack
What kind of oil goes in a hydraulic jack?
Any standard hydraulic oil of suitable viscosity should work well as a floor jack oil. Usually, hydraulic jack oil is of low viscosity substantially the same as SAE 10W motor oil. You have to careful that about one thing is DON'T use brake fluid instead of hydraulic oil.
For safe operation of hydraulic system viscosity play an important role. High viscosity than standard may cause hindrance of oil flow in the system, especially in cold weather. Conversely, ultra-light oil will not maintain the required coherence in the hottest weather condition. Usually, SAE 10w or ISO 46 grad hydraulic oil is suitable for a floor jack. However, you will find different brands hydraulic oil in amazon which bear some extra features like -
- Performs at a wide range of temperatures
- Contains anti-foam additives
- Seal current leaks and prevents future leaks
- Works well in all kind of floor and bottle jacks
- Non-Corrosive, Non-Clogging
- Non-harmful for rubber and urethane seals
Here, we mention some brand name for your assistant - Sta-Lube, Hein-Werner, Liquid Wrench, Bar's Leaks, Johnsen's, Penrite and many more. All are available in different pack size in the Amazon shop.
How much can a car jack lift?
In the marketplace, you will find a range of car jacks with a vast capacity. Most commonly for the individual cars or SUVs, you will see 1.5 to 3.5 ton (3000 to 7000 pounds) capacity jacks, and for commercial or industrial purposes it can be rated for many tons of loads.
Always select a jack based on the weight of your vehicles. Do not use under weighs jack, as it may cause hazards. Possibly try to use a bit extra capacity floor jack then a load of your car to keep some room for safety.
What is a hydraulic jack made out of?
Regardless of its utility and design, a hydraulic jack has a minimum number of necessary components in totaling to a means through which the fluid transmitted. A primary system consists of a hydraulic pump, reservoir for hydraulic fluid, directional valve, check valve, pressure relieves valve, selector valve, actuator, and filter.
What is the best low profile floor jack?
The floor jacks which can lift vehicles that are particularly ground-hugging like sports cars, lowered vehicles, show cars are known as a low profile jack. We all need a jack that cannot lift only high enough for your maintenance or repair preconditions but also get small enough to reach under the side panels of your vehicles.
According to Transportation Association of Canada, the standard minimum height of a car is at front overhang ranges from 0.06m to 0.24m (2.36inch to 9.45inch), at the wheelbase ranges from 0.09m to 0.21m (3.54inch to 8.27inch), and the rear overhang ground clearance ranges from 0.08m to 0.42m (3.15inch to 16.55inch).
As per our review, the best low profile floor jack is one that can reach under a vehicle that minimum lifting height 3-inch. If you are looking for an ultra-low profile floor jack, then you can check the “Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack” which can reach under 2-7/8 inch height cars.
How high can a floor jack lift?
Ground clearance of a vehicle is a critical factor in several aspects. High ground clearance of a car means the center of mass also in higher point which sometimes dangerous to handle a vehicle. Oppositely, more top ground clearance adversely affects the aerodynamic properties of a car. However, for off-road transportation where roads are not even high ground clearance is necessary.
Sports cars designed to lower ground clearance to take the aerodynamic advantage, while off-road vehicles and SUVs intended to higher ones. Example of two great extremes of each is the Ferrari F40 and the Hummer.
In our review, we discuss Hi-lift X-Treme Jack which can lift to 48 to 60 inch. So, for your off-road vehicles like tractor or hummer, you must carry a Hi-Lift XT485 or XT605.
What are the best car jacks?
A car jack is a vital tool for your vehicles and must have it in your home garage or car trunk for as usual day to day maintenance works and tackle any emergency. According to your need the lifting height, load capacity, sturdiness, rapid lifting capacity and overall smoothness to uses are some main criteria to choose the best car jacks. We discuss details about “What to consider when going to buying a floor jack?” in the earlier part of our floor jack buying guide. You can also visit our review part to where we prepared a list of the best car jacks which help you a lot to take your buying decision.
What is the best jack stands?
Jack stand is the safe and sound way to support your vehicles before taking entrance underneath it for oil change or any other repair and maintenance works. Weight ratings are the most critical aspect of a quality jack stand. In the market, you can see jack stands rated from 3 ton up 20+ tons. Usually, for small cars or SUV, we use a pair of 2 ton to 4 ton. As jack stands, come in a duo, each stand bear the same half load of total rated weight.
Here we mention some of best jack stands brand name based on customer feedback for your assistance-
- Torin T43002 3 Ton Jack Stands.
- Torin T46002A Double Locking Jack Stands (Capacity 6 Ton)
- Hein-Werner HW93506 Heavy Duty Jack Stands (Capacity 6 Ton)
- Performance Tool Heavy Duty Jack Stands (Capacity 6 Ton)
- PowerZone Steel 2 Ton Car Jack Stands
What is a trolley jack?
A lifting device which mounted on wheels, and equipped with a long handle acts as a pump handle, and can pull load wherever it is needed are known as a trolley jack. Trolley jack and floor jack are close to each other. However, there are some minor differences like they have a different minimum height. Where floor jack can lift low-level vehicles, the trolley jack cannot do so. Floor jacks are typically light in weight, easy to pick it up, mostly using hydraulic power and has adequate length to lift from the cross member powerfully. On the other side, trolley jacks are a bit heavier ones and a little difficult to transport and store. Example of a trolley jack is Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Jack.
Is there a substitute for hydraulic jack oil?
The primary function of hydraulic system fluids is to transmit and distribute forces into various units to get going. Liquids are best to do this because of there incomprehensibility. There are many kinds of hydraulic fluid like a water-based fluid, mineral oil and various synthetics. We cannot use water as a substitute for hydraulic fluid because it freezes in cold temperature and starts boiling at 100 degrees C. Hydraulic fluid has to be the following criteria –
Viscosity – is the most critical properties of the hydraulic fluid and it is the internal resistance power of liquid. Viscosity increased if the temperature decreases. The fluid which we are going to use in a hydraulic system must have enough substance to bring a good seal at pumps, valves, and pistons, but it must not be so dense that it offers resistance to flow, leading to power loss and higher operating temperatures. Conversely, a fluid that is too diluted also leads to rapid wear of moving parts that have heavy loads.
Chemical stability – the fluid must have enough chemical stability that can resist oxidation and deterioration in the long run. It also has enough consistency that even at high temperature.
Flash-point – is the indicator of ignition point. A high flash point is appropriate for hydraulic fluids because it has enough resistance power against combustion and a low rate of evaporation at average temperatures.
Fire point - Fire point indicates a specific temperature at which a fluid gives off vapor in sufficient quantity to ignite. As like flash point, a high fire point also required for hydraulic fluids.
Hence, if you substitute the wrong fluid, the seals can react and swell or otherwise fail. So do not use any other fluids until you know what you are going to do.
However, nowadays there is a lot of ready made hydraulic oils available in the market. So, it would help if you did not think much about this issue.
Can you use motor oil in a hydraulic jack?
The fluids that can emulsify small amounts of water can be beneficial and use at the hydraulic jack. In some cases, the original jack manufacturer recommends using multi-grade engine oil rather than a single viscosity fluid. So, you can use motor oil in a hydraulic Jack as lightweight motor oils, or machine oil (10/20W) is a substitute for hydraulic fluids.
However, Viscosity index (VI) improves of motor oils extend the operating temperature range for the fluids. So, you have to keep in mind that over time these VI improvers will "shear down," and change the viscosity of the fluid at a certain temperature which has an impact on the performance of the system.
Can you use motor oil instead of hydraulic fluid?
As lightweight motor oils or machine oil (10/20W) is a substitute for hydraulic fluids you can use motor oil instead of hydraulic fluid.
Do all cars come with a jack?
Almost all the cars come with a scissor jack as it is lightweight and compact in size, easy to store at the trunk. Scissor jack is suitable for change a flat tire but not much perfect for other purposes like oil change, and suspension works. Also for your home garage, a heavy-duty floor jack is must-have tools for regular maintenance and repair tasks.
How strong of a jack do I need?
The strength of a floor jack entirely depends on how much load you have to pull. To know this first you have to measure the weight or find out an amount of your car. You can find the weight of your vehicle in the operator’s manual. If the capacity of your car is 3 ton, then you have to choose a jack which can lift this load easily.
Where do you put the jack?
There is no specific jacking point, but while you set the jack beneath a car extra precaution is necessary. Jack lift the heavy car with a single point touch, so the position should be strong enough to resist that load. If you place your jack incorrectly, it may cause severe damage to your car, even you if you under the can at that moment. To find the proper place to set the jack for your exact vehicle, check your owner's manual.
Commonly, car frame or axle is the most substantial part of your car and the right place to set the jack and jack stand.
How do you calculate Jack points?
There is no specific method to calculate jack points. Before pump floor jack, place it under the part of the vehicle that it should come in contact when raised. If you are going to use jack stands, then put them as near the jack as possible. If you set your jack in the wrong place, it may injure your car or you too. To find the right place to set the jack for your particular vehicle, check instruction on the owner's manual.
Are Jack stands rated per pair?
Ans.: Yes. Jack stands are rated based on per pair. When we are looking for jack stands, the most significant aspect to consider is their weight ratings. If stated it another way, jack stands sold in pairs. For example, a duo of 2-ton (4000 pounds) jack stands are rated for loads up to 1 ton (2000 pounds.) per.
Are Jack stand safe?
Ans.: Jack stand not lifted vehicles itself, but necessary to use it to keep your car and you safe in an elevated condition. In that sense, jack stand is safer than floor jack.
However, sadly speaking, fraud is a common thread everywhere nowadays, so chances are there that you get a wrong jack which may not be entirely safe for lifting your vehicle. Jack stands will help you if only it is high-quality. Hence, keep that in mind during purchase.
Are ramps or jack stands safer?
Ans.: Ramps are safer than jack stands as it provides extended, solid points of contact that are improbable to fail. However, ramps are not an alternative of jack or jack stand as it is less versatile than those. Suppose you need to replace brake pads, a ramp does not do any good to you. If you want to replace a muffler or raise a little height of your low profile cart for jacking, ramps are an ideal choice then.
Where do you put jack stands?
Ans.: Jack stands are the safest way to hold a car in high condition after raising by jack. The best place to use jack stand(s) are near to the jack under the secure area of the frame of the car. If you want to raise both the front and both the rear wheels, place jack stands to each side of the jack, near the wheels.
Are scissor jacks dangerous?
Ans.: Scissor jacks are mechanical type jacks whereas other floor jacks are mostly hydraulic system operated. However, both are useful to lift your car. Scissor jacks are lighter in weight and convenient to carry and store at your car trunks. They are accommodating to change a flat tire. Nonetheless, if you will not use them properly, both become dangerous. Especially, if you use them to uplift load beyond their capacity what they are not designed to do. If you remember these car jack tips, you can safely work under your car.
Is it illegal to sell a car without a spare TYRE?
Ans.: No, there is no legal obligation to sell a spare tire and a jack with a new car. According to AAA, 30 million means of transportation in the USA have no spare tire for their vehicles. Automakers also began to eliminate spare tires to make vehicles lighter to meet the fuel efficiency standards. More than one-third of the new cars did not come with a spare tire, says AAA.
However, it is advisable to keep a spare for emergency and aware that the spare tires use only in case of an emergency and the speed limit should not exceed 50 mph.
Do new cars come with spare wheels?
Ans.: We have already discussed this issue in our earlier question where we stated that recent times automakers began to eliminate spare tires to reduce car weight to make fuel efficient. So, there are very few chances of having a spare one in new cars.
Do used cars come with spare tires?
Ans.: Having spare tires in a used car is entirely depends on from whom or where you buy the car. If the owner of the car had or buy one and sold along with it then you will get spare tire otherwise you have to collect it separately.
Nothing can spoil your road trip anymore. Now you can move fearlessly in any remote areas – forest, hillside, and canyon or desert anywhere to spend your sweet vacation trip. When roadside workshop can't get there soon enough, a floor jack is in your reach to serve you.
In our reviews, we discuss top 20 car jacks available on the market where we bring the best low profile jacks, best aluminum jacks, best steel made jacks, and best hi-lift jacks. We have also presented different useful features of those models with their pros and cons in our reviews.
We try to eradicate all of your possible queries related to choose right floor jacks, its safe using procedure, maintenance measures and the characteristics of hydraulic oils in our buying guide part.
Still, you are in confusion then you may quickly read some customer feedback on amazon.com regarding a specific floor jack which you have interest.
Finally, we can say that this review and buying guide will help you to find the best floor jack for your vehicles.